Built in 1942, the Helena Armory building is one of three remaining Art Deco buildings still standing in Helena, Montana. The Armory was vacated in 2013 after officials detected lead contamination. It remained closed until D&M Development, LLC, acquired the building through a land swap three years later. Currently, the Armory is undergoing a $16 million rehab project funded by a partnership between the Valley Bank of Helena and MoFi’s New Markets Tax Credits program. The project will bring over 100,000 square feet of remodeled office space to downtown Helena.
Photo: SMA Architects