Background and Overview:
MoFi provides entrepreneurs and business owners with business financing when they are not eligible for financing at a bank. MoFi’s clients are low wealth, low income, lacking in assets, and/or starting a new business—but within 36 months, most of MoFi’s clients are eligible for a bank loan.
This position will work primarily with the Asset Management Team which is responsible for all loan documentation and compliance. MoFi is committed to providing our borrowers with the best customer service and working with them to ensure the successful repayment of their loans. MoFi is looking for General Counsel to support our borrowers and help drive MoFi’s success. We are looking for someone who is interested in working for a double-bottom line company with a good work-life balance.
- Assist with all real estate transactions and contracts for the company
- Structure and administer company contracts and loan documents
- Assist in the preparation, filing, and maintenance of filings including UCC’s, Deed’s of Trust, and Trust Indentures
- Review and negotiate title policies
- Manage customer collections to ensure repayment on loans
- Assist borrowers and potential borrowers with lease negotiations, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and other corporate documents
- Define and develop corporate policies, contracts, and procedures
- When appropriate, partner with outside corporate counsel and manage external legal relationships
- Ensure company conduct is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Advise on issues relating to employment law
- Proactively communicates issues back to management and drives good business, legal and operational processes throughout the organization; drafting and implementing related policies.
- Law Degree with Idaho Bar admission in good standing
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Significant experience with drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Interest in real estate and contract law
- Familiarity with contract law, real estate law, title, collections, foreclosure, and/or wage and benefit laws a plus but not required.
This position is located in Boise, Idaho. Salary starts at $75,000, DOE. Interested candidates should submit an application via ZipRecruiter.