Background and Overview:
MoFi is a nonprofit lender with a mission to provide financing and consulting services that transform the lives of individuals and strengthen community prosperity. Over the last year, MoFi provided over $100 million in loans to entrepreneurs, businesses, real estate developers, nonprofits, and individuals. MoFi also provided business consulting to these clients including a range of legal services ranging from creating a business to navigating a partnership agreement to negotiating a lease. MoFi’s contracts, loan documentation, foreclosures, litigation, and consulting services have been delivered through a team of outside attorneys. This position will bring some of that work in house.
A great candidate will be someone who is interested in small businesses or business lending; is comfortable with loan documentation; has some experience in enforcing contracts and loan documents; and can assist business owners with formation documents, operating agreements, and leases.
This position will work with outside counsel on tax, human resources, litigation, and other opinions. The position has the ability to grow and bring additional legal functions in house. Our company offers a fun, team-focused environment, double bottom line results, great benefits, and strong work-life balance.
- Assist with all real estate transactions and contracts for the company
- Structure and administer company contracts and loan documents
- Oversee preparation, filing, and maintenance of filings including ucc’s, mortgages, trust indentures and loan securement documents
- Review title policies
- Create and manage collection and repayment plans for defaulted loans
- Assist clients with lease negotiations, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and other corporate documents
- Define and develop corporate policies, contracts, and procedures
- When appropriate, partner with outside corporate counsel and manage external legal relationships
- Law Degree with Montana Bar admission in good standing
- Licensed to practice law in Montana
- Two years in practice
- Significant experience with drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Familiarity with contract law, real estate law, title, collections, and/or foreclosure is beneficial
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, and presentation skills
This full-time position is located in Missoula, Montana. Salary range: $85,000, DOE. MoFi also covers bar dues and continuing ed expenses. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via ZipRecruiter.