Background and Overview:
MoFi provides financing and consulting services to entrepreneurs, projects and communities that are left outside of the traditional economic mainstream. The flexible, responsible capital we provide stimulates economies, creates jobs, and strengthens communities. We’ve been in business for over 30 years, and in that time have expanded from our headquarters in Missoula, MT, to include offices in Bozeman, MT and Boise, ID. We have provided over $600 million in capital to hundreds of borrowers across the Northern Rockies.
The Marketing and Business Development team is responsible for ensuring that every person in our region who might need our financing, knows that we’re here. The team drives growth through relationships with key partners, including commercial loan officers, local development officers, government officials, community leaders, small business owners, current and former clients, mortgage loan officers, realtors, and more. These relationships amplify MoFi’s reach across the rural communities and urban neighborhoods we serve, and help connect people and projects to us for financing. Our direct outreach is complemented by traditional marketing initiatives including PR, digital and content marketing, special events, and additional tactics to help MoFi remain top of mind.
Content plays a critical role in how we communicate with audiences across our region. This person will be responsible for telling MoFi’s story in an accessible way, illuminating the stories behind the people we help, and articulating MoFi’s collective impact on the communities we serve. Your writing must educate and inspire our audiences and compel them to meaningful action.
MoFi’s Content Developer reports to the Director of Marketing and Business Development.
What you’ll do every day:
- Produce compelling content that drives awareness and use of our brand, products and services
• Work with internal staff to understand key product attributes and how they resonate with distinct audiences
• Tailor messages for distinct audiences, including commercial lenders, current and future borrowers, funders, investors, members of congress, and the general public
• Proactively identify content opportunities targeted that generate engagement and leads
- Tell inspiring stories about the businesses and communities that we are privileged to support across the Rocky Mountain West
• Track all loans that enter into MoFi’s portfolio and work with Director of Marketing and Business Development to build and execute content plan around each
• Interview clients to understand challenges and how MoFi helped overcome them
• Write press releases highlighting MoFi clients and programs
• Serve as lead writer on MoFi’s Annual Report
• Day-to-day channel management of MoFi’s website and social media platforms
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Love the process of translating strategic objectives into captivating content pieces that inspire action
- Embrace a collaborative approach and see the value in involving others in the creative process
- Are motivated by learning new things
- Understand the nuances between our stakeholders and audiences, and can adapt and optimize content for each
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- High level of self-organization, self-awareness, problem-solving, and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to write efficiently in an open-plan, fast-paced office environment
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, social media management platforms
- Experience with a CRM such as Salesforce is helpful
- Experience with, and preference for, working on teams
- BA/BS plus five years of relevant professional experience
MoFi offers great benefits, opportunities for growth, and a fun company culture. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via ZipRecruiter.