Department: Sales and Marketing
Status: Full-Time, Permanent, Exempt
Location: Boise, Idaho
MoFi is a mission-driven lender that provides financing and consulting services to businesses, entrepreneurs, real estate developers, and homeowners who are unable to access traditional financing. The people we help build businesses, revitalize neighborhoods, and strengthen communities across the Rocky Mountain West. Our work spans 35 years, six states, and thousands of businesses. We operate from offices in Boise, Missoula, Bozeman, and Salt Lake City.
MoFi offers a progressive, fun, team-driven environment with a focus on social impact as well as financial outcomes. We are a fast-paced organization with a culture that fosters teamwork and embraces an all-hands-on-deck mentality. MoFi offers competitive pay, clear ladders for growth, professional development opportunities, great benefits, and a chance to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients.
This person will be a contributing member of both the Suazo Business Center and MoFi teams. They will report to and work closely with both organizations. The Business Development Representative will conduct community outreach activities that deepen relationships within Hispanic communities, expand both organization’s referral network, and ultimately increase business consulting and loans to Hispanic and Latino-owned businesses throughout their territory. As such, strong Spanish language skills are required in this position.
Additionally, this role will provide crucial support to borrowers by helping them identify where they might benefit from consulting and technical assistance as they grow their business. With colleagues from both organizations, they will then design consulting plans and align internal and external resources to implement those plans.
- Build relationships and trust with community leaders, nonprofits, government officials, and business owners located in and serving the Hispanic and Latino communities.
- Increase the number of Hispanic borrowers served by Suazo Business Center and MoFi’s programs.
- Work with both organizations to elevate brand awareness and presence in Hispanic and Latino communities through events, partnerships, sponsorships, media, and PR opportunities.
- Develop and deliver Spanish-language collateral materials to support outreach efforts.
- Provide strategic support to potential clients throughout the lending process, including end-to-end technical assistance such as drafting a business plan, building a budget, and creating financial projections.
- Assess the needs of existing borrowers and create a goal-driven advising plan that addresses the individual borrower’s gaps in business knowledge capacity.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English, both written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of working with Hispanic and Latino communities.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in business management or operations. Prior history owning and running a business is a plus.
- Strong understanding of balance sheets and income statements.
- Familiarity with small business financial management: accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for helping small businesses overcome growth challenges.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and across teams.
- Proven ability to forge relationships with clients, senior management, and external/community partners.
- Strong technical acumen, including use of MS Office suite. Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Communicates well with team members and supervisor in identifying needs and proposing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Existing relationships with strategic partners such as Idaho Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and other local and regional chambers of commerce, lenders, and community leaders are preferred.
We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We have seen the research that indicates people of color and women hesitate to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet all job qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications. You may be exactly who we need.
The salary range is $55,000 – $65,000 per year. The position includes full healthcare benefits, short and long-term death and disability, employer-sponsored 401K retirement benefits, life insurance, holiday savings contributions, monthly wellness stipend, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed.