MoFi seeks an ambitious, relationship-oriented Business Development Manager to lead our expansion into Utah. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of building, nurturing, and sustaining strong business relationships. The position requires exceptional communication and organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree. Experience with a CRM system, or a strong willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, would be a preferred.
MoFi is a mission-driven lender that provides financing and consulting services to businesses, entrepreneurs, real estate developers, and homeowners who are unable to access traditional financing. The people we serve build businesses, revitalize neighborhoods, and strengthen communities across the Rocky Mountain West. Our work spans 35 years, six states, and thousands of businesses. We operate from offices in Boise, Missoula, Bozeman, and Salt Lake City.
MoFi offers a progressive, fun, team-driven environment with a focus on social impact as well as financial outcomes. We are a fast-paced organization with a culture that fosters teamwork and embraces an all-hands-on-deck mentality. MoFi offers competitive pay, clear ladders for growth, professional development opportunities, great benefits, and a chance to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients.
Title: Business Development Manager, Utah
Department: Sales and Marketing
Position Status: Full-Time, Permanent, Exempt
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
MoFi’s success depends on strong relationships within the communities where we operate. The Business Development Manager will work across Utah to build relationships with entrepreneurs, business owners, bankers, community leaders, and other financiers that can connect MoFi with people who need our products and services. The Business Development Manager will grow the organization’s presence in Utah by marketing our services to key community contacts and referral sources. The primary focus is outreach to commercial lenders, (our largest referral source) but will include other audiences who connect with potential MoFi clients across all our financial service products.
A background in finance is not required, but the capacity to connect dots, listen actively and empathetically, and exercise good judgement is essential to this role. The ideal candidate will receive comprehensive training on our products and services. The position requires in-state travel in Utah including some overnight trips with 85% of travel within the I-15 corridor. The role does not manage employees and reports to the Director of Business Development and Marketing.
1. Build and deepen relationships with MoFi’s Utah-based referral partners.
- Build and execute monthly business development plan to meet MoFi’s loan deployment and mission goals.
- Review monthly results and strategize for increased efficiency in lead development.
- Schedule and attend in-person meetings and presentations with key referral partners, Utah based businesses and developers, government officials, and community leaders.
- Collaborate with MoFi’s marketing team to develop collateral, messaging, and digital marketing strategies to support and enhance business development outcomes.
- Broaden MoFi’s Utah referral network.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Utah market including business needs and industry trends to inform MoFi’s ongoing product development and outreach strategies.
2. Serve as the main contact for Utah-based referral partners and prospective clients
- Educate prospective clients and referral partners on MoFi’s products and services.
- Help prospective clients navigate the early stages of their funding request process.
- Update partners on the outcomes of their referrals.
- Articulate MoFi’s business proposition relative to other lenders in the state.
- Communicate prospective client feedback to appropriate teams within MoFi to improve products and processes.
3. Maintain MoFi’s CRM database (Salesforce) for Utah
- Log all outreach activities including meetings, emails, and events.
- Create, maintain, and follow up on post-meeting tasks.
- Work with MoFi’s Salesforce admin team to maintain updated Utah contacts.
Salary is $65,000-$85,000 based on experience, and the position is eligible for bonuses. Additional compensation includes healthcare benefits, short and long-term death and disability, employer sponsored 401K retirement benefits, life insurance, holiday savings contributions, and generous paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume through Indeed.com.
MoFi is committed to building a diverse board and staff and is an equal opportunity employer that strives to provide employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. MoFi prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy related conditions, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.