The Business Consulting Manager supports the overall MoFi operations by providing advanced technical assistance to our borrowers, in all facets of their business. This position works closely with the lending team and to support borrower needs in running their business, achieving operational efficiencies, building profitability and net worth and eventually assists in getting our borrowers back to the bank.
Positions Supervised: None
Supervisor: Receives general supervision from the Director of Consulting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a qualified Business Consultant to help our clients reform their operations and support their business by providing intuitive guidance. You will be an important ally to every organization who wants to invest in change and improvement and needs help as to where and how. You will also undertake projects on behalf of the client’s business when it lacks resources or motive to perform them in-house. A successful business consultant has first and foremost a broad knowledge of the many facets of business and market forces. The ideal candidate will possess great problem-solving skills to provide solutions and recommendations that will increase profitability and efficiency. The goal is to contribute to the clients’ long lasting success so that our reputation can expand along with our clientele.
- Organize and execute assigned business projects on behalf of clients (recruiting, payroll, promotional campaigns etc.) according to client’s requirements
- Meet with assigned clients when needed and perform an initial assessment of a problematic situation
- Collect information about the client’s business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports etc.)
- Analyze and interpret data to unearth weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
- Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s wishes, capabilities and limitations forming concise reports
- Present findings and suggestions to clients with ample justification and practical advice
- Develop detailed business plans to drive small or radical changes
- Assist the client in implementing the plan and resolve any occasional discrepancies
- Provide guidance for any occurring problems and issues
- Proven experience as business consultant or equivalent
- Prior experience running or starting a successful small business
- Engaging personality
- Knowledge of diverse business matters such as IT, Marketing, HR etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with a wide selection of business management software (CRM, ERP etc.) and databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mind with excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Aptitude in creative problem-solving
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in a specialized business field will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position
- Polished communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and foster strong relationships with colleagues
- Strong technical acumen, including use of MS Office suite. Familiarity with Salesforce and/or design software a plus.
All MoFi employees are evaluated on three core competencies as part of their overall performance. Positions with supervisory responsibility are also evaluated on leadership.
- Accountability – Proactively follows through and delivers results in a timely manner, delivers top quality external and internal customer service. Places a high priority on achieving goals and demonstrating position competencies, takes pride in work and strives to give 100% effort each day.
- Collaboration – Contributes positively to department morale, contributes to the successful and effective functioning of the team, expresses ideas clearly and effectively before individual and groups, actively listens and seeks input from others, demonstrates support of company mission, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Innovation and Initiative – Takes on new projects and initiatives, even if not part of core job responsibilities, is self-directed and shows enthusiasm, creativity, and imagination in finding ways to complete assignments, eagerly pursues new knowledge by seeking professional development opportunities – training, seminars, workshops (self-directed or instructor-led), embraces change within and outside of the organization.
MoFi embodies a learning culture. Leaders set direction and articulate mission. Everyone works in teams to discover answers. Work processes change, develop, and evolve – small changes are a way of life at MoFi. Feedback is always two-way, and conversations are shared with entire teams. Problem solving is constantly needed and is part of every position.
- Most work is performed in an office environment (currently all employees are working from a home office).
- Sitting/Standing at a desk, using a computer – up to 80%
- Overnight travel is not required; limited travel during the work day may be required. MoFi provides company vehicles for work-related travel
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Position is located in Missoula, MT
The salary range is $70,000-90,000.00 per year. DOE. The position includes full healthcare benefits, short and long-term death and disability, employer sponsored 401K retirement benefits, life insurance, holiday savings contributions, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed.