Love accounting but feel like the public accounting lifestyle isn’t for you? This role will expand your CPA skills but is free of the busy season work fluctuations. In this role, a CPA will have a steady and sustainable schedule surrounded by impactful clients and motivated, fun, and entrepreneurial coworkers. This is your chance to be on a team that is helping people and transforming communities. Fueled by a mission to provide people with flexible capital and comprehensive business assistance that enhances lives and communities, MoFi now manages over $400 million in loans. This role manages the accounting and compliance for a portfolio of projects originated using the federal New Markets Tax Credit program.
This position joins a growing team that manages funding compliance and reporting and the New Markets Tax Credit program for MoFi. This role is responsible for the following duties:
- Overseeing the current portfolio tax credit projects – collect financials and other reporting, manage payments
- Managing tax credit borrower compliance monitoring and reporting
- Managing reporting to tax credit investors
- Underwriting tax credit project eligibility and financial feasibility
- Assisting in tax credit financing closing process, reviewing documents and working with consultants and attorneys
- Managing impact data for projects and reporting to investors and the US Treasury.
- Helping to create and manage grant budgets
- Understanding loan and grant fund regulations and assist lending and consulting teams
- Assisting compliance term with reporting to funders
The Accounting & Compliance Manager uses their CPA knowledge daily and has opportunities to work with accounting mentors to expand their skills and advance within the organization. MoFi offers strong professional development opportunities and covers the cost of your CPE credits.
MoFi is looking for an experienced accounting professional with 4+ years of experience, who is driven, likes a fast-paced environment, and works well in teams. The position requires strong analytical skills, good verbal and written communication, and the ability to have an attention to details in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
The position reports to MoFi’s Director of Tax Credit Lending & Compliance and will be based in Bozeman, MT or Missoula, MT.
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience with audit experience.
- Certified Public Accountant
Job Type: Full-time
All MoFi employees are evaluated on three core competencies as part of their overall performance. Positions with supervisory responsibility are also evaluated on leadership.
- Accountability – Proactively follows through and delivers results in a timely manner, delivers top quality external and internal customer service. Places a high priority on achieving goals and demonstrating position competencies, takes pride in work and strives to give 100% effort each day.
- Collaboration – Contributes positively to department morale, contributes to the successful and effective functioning of the team, expresses ideas clearly and effectively before individual and groups, actively listens and seeks input from others, demonstrates support of company mission, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Innovation and Initiative – Takes on new projects and initiatives, even if not part of core job responsibilities, is self-directed and shows enthusiasm, creativity, and imagination in finding ways to complete assignments, eagerly pursues new knowledge by seeking professional development opportunities – training, seminars, workshops (self-directed or instructor-led), embraces change within and outside of the organization.
MoFi embodies a learning culture. Leaders set direction and articulate mission. Everyone works in teams to discover answers. Work processes change, develop, and evolve – small changes are a way of life at MoFi. Feedback is always two-way, and conversations are shared with entire teams. Problem solving is constantly needed and is part of every position.
- Most work is performed in an office environment (currently all employees are working from a home office).
- Sitting/Standing at a desk, using a computer – up to 80%
- Overnight travel is not required; limited travel during the work day may be required. MoFi provides company vehicles for work-related travel
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Position is located in Missoula or Bozeman, MT
The salary range is $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year. DOE. The position includes full healthcare benefits, short and long-term death and disability, employer sponsored 401K retirement benefits, life insurance, holiday savings contributions, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter on MoFi’s recruitment site.