Do I have to take a homebuyer education class?

Education is always a good thing but only borrowers applying for conventional HomeReady loans are required to complete a class before closing their loan. You can do this online and on your own time or in a HUD-certified class. Borrowers applying for a government loan are not required to complete homebuyer education.