This is your chance to be on a team that is transforming communities. MoFi is changing what lending can do for people and their businesses. Fueled by our mission to provide borrowers with flexible capital and superior business assistance, MoFi has grown to over $350 million in loans under management.
This position will work with clients across the Rocky Mountain West to provide business assistance that helps build stronger companies and communities. If you have strong project management skills, can take complex projects and break them down into their more simple parts, are adept at technology and an early adopter, are a skilled communicator, and are driven to succeed, this might be a great fit for you. Other skills that might help in this position include (1) small business experience, especially as a CFO, (2) audit experience or professional skepticism, (3) strong public speaking skills, (4) strong regional knowledge and relationships, and (5) comfort working with CFOs and CEOs in the Rocky Mountain West. Masters Degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field required.
The position is ideally located in Missoula, MT but could be located in Boise, ID or Bozeman, MT. Salary starts at $85,00 per year.
Interested candidates should submit an application via ZipRecruiter.
This is your chance to be on a team that is transforming communities across the Rocky Mountain West. MoFi is redefining what lending can do for people and their businesses: we provide financing to entrepreneurs who are unable to access traditional bank financing, and we pair that flexible capital with superior business assistance. Over the last 33 years, MoFi has grown to over $350 million in loans under management.
As MoFi’s loan portfolio has grown, so too has our need to support loan clients so they can make thoughtful and informed decisions to grow their businesses. The client bookkeeper provides key components of the technical assistance package that comes with every loan we make.
From a young barber becoming a first-time shop owner in Boise, Idaho to a couple expanding a restaurant near Glacier National Park, MoFi’s clients represent some of the most inspiring entrepreneurs across the Northern Rockies. Every business owner needs to have a solid grasp on their books—and their bottom line—and this role will give our clients the financial tools they need. The client bookkeeper will be our clients’ right hand for accounting and financial matters, ensuring they have an accounting system that they can use and understand.
We are looking for an accounting professional with 2+ years of experience, who is passionate about helping our organization succeed, has strong QuickBooks skills, and the ability to pay attention to details in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
The position will report to MoFi’s Director of Consulting Services and will be based in Missoula or Bozeman, MT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the organizational goals by ensuring clients have accurate and current financials
- New client file setup with QuickBooks Online
- Troubleshoot existing client accounting file errors
- Train business owners how to use an accounting system, import bank feeds, classify transactions, manage payroll, etc.
- Convert existing client accounting files to QuickBooks Online
- Help clients get setup with required tax reporting and payment
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a strong fit with MoFi culture – flexible, self-motivated, collaborative, and has a sense of humor
- Must be reliable and have high attention to detail
- Has a minimum of 2 years of QuickBooks, accounting, and bookkeeping experience
- Has an accounting degree or certificate
- Is a QuickBooks expert and can train others how to use it
- Is comfortable working with outside clients in a variety of settings
- Can quickly gain an understanding of, and have the ability to work closely with, other departments
- Has a high level of self-organization, self-awareness, and strong prioritization abilities
MoFi offers great benefits, opportunities for growth, and a fun company culture. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via ZipRecruiter.